Katerina Pek, MD (Czech Rep.), RMT, NHC
Katerina Pek obtained her medical degree from Charles University in Prague. She worked as a physician in the Czech Republic for six years, specializing in internal medicine and rehabilitation.
After coming to Canada, Katerina chose to focus her work entirely on rehabilitation and prevention. She has continued to broaden her knowledge and skills to include the most current and effective manual therapy techniques and natural healing methods from North America and Europe.
She has worked as a Natural Health Counselor and a Registered Massage Therapist since 1989.
Katerina Pek offers a unique multi-dimensional approach to promoting well-being in an efficient, effective and non-invasive way. OrthoKinetics stands for “correct” or “healthy” movement. It takes a global approach by dealing with your particular local injury or dysfunction to find their true roots.
She has taken extensive continuous education in manual therapy, osteopathy and psychotherapy in the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Canada and USA, including:
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization: Prague School of Rehabilitation and Manual Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic;
- Reflex locomotion: Prague, Czech Republic;
- Spiraldynamic: instructor of introductory courses, Zurich, Switzerland;
- Cranio-Sacral therapy: Visceral Manipulation: Uppledger Institute, Palm Beach, Florida
- Integrated Manual Therapy (MET, Advanced Strain-Counterstrain, Myofascial Release…) Dialogs in Contemporary Rehabilitation, Hartford, Connecticut
- Ortho-Bionomy: Ortho-Bionomy International, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
She has taught specialized courses in manual rehabilitation in Canada,USA, Czech Republic, and Mexico to a wide variety of individuals and groups, both professionals and non-professionals, in culturally diverse settings including:
- Dynamic Posture to personal trainers of Goodlife Fitness Ottawa, Canada;
- Spiraldynamik and Dynamic Posture to massage therapists, kinesiologists, as a post-graduate course, Sutherland-Chan Massage School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
OrthoKinetics was formed in 1989 by K. Pek as a privately-owned practice in Ottawa specializing in the treatment of orthopedic and neurological disorders. Our key to success is effectively combining multi-dimensional approaches including advanced manual therapy techniques, therapeutic exercises and movement re-education, and stress and pain management.